I am absolutely ready for this film. I had my doubts about certain actors, but from this footage alone I am completely and 100 percent on board with this film. David Ayer seems like he was just the man to bring this action packed crazy thrill ride to life. From Warner Bros. Pictures and director David Ayer comes a look at the ultimate team of super villains… Suicide Squad
After being detained at the maximum security prison, Belle Reve Penitentiary, a group of career criminals are given the chance of leniency on their long sentences in exchange for taking on high risk black ops missions. With abilities ranging from superior accuracy to superhuman strength, each prisoner must put aside their differences and unite as a team to do good for once.
The film stars:
- Will Smith (Concussion, Focus, Hancock) as Floyd Lawton aka Deadshot, an expert marksman who moonlights as a hired assassin. With cybernetic eye grants, he has increased accuracy and is exceptionally trained in hand to hand combat.
- Margot Robbie (Focus, The Wolf of Wall Street, upcoming The Legend of Tarzan) as Dr. Harleen Quinzel aka Harley Quinn, a psychologist who became infatuated with The Joker and became his main accomplice. She is also a talented gymnast with enhanced strength and highly intelligent. Quinzel also has a total disregard for human life.
- Joel Kinnaman (RoboCop, Run All Night, TV’s The Killing) as Col. Rick Flag, Jr., the leader of the Suicide Squad. When he was in the U.S. Army, he was involved with the Special Forces. He is an expert in guerrilla tactics, strategic planning and demolitions. Flag is also an infiltration expert with both unarmed and armed combat experience.
- Jai Courtney (Terminator Genisys, The Divergent Series, Unbroken) as George “Digger” Harkness aka Captain Boomerang, a career criminal who specializes in making weaponized boomerangs.
- Cara Delevingne (Paper Towns, Anna Karenina, upcoming Valérian and the City of a Thousand Planets) as June Moore aka Enchantress, a villainous woman who has a complete knowledge over various types of magical spells and can use them as well.
- Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje (Concussion, Thor: The Dark World, G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra) as Waylon Jones aka Killer Croc, an alligator wrestler who was born with a form of atavism that left him with reptilian traits. Bullied all his life, he became a villain. He has superhuman strength, speed, agility and is an expert swimmer as well as marksman. Due to his condition, he has hardened scale-like skin and razor sharp claws and teeth.
- Jay Hernandez (Max, Quarantine, Hostel series) as Chato Santana aka El Diablo
- Adam Beach (Cowboys & Aliens, Flags of Our Fathers, Windtalkers) as Christopher Weiss aka Slipknot, a supervillain / assassin who developed a chemical formula for unbreakable ropes
- Karen Fukuhara as Tatsu Yamashiro aka Katana, an expert martial artist and swordswoman
- Jim Parrack (Fury, TV’s True Blood, Battle: Los Angeles) as Jonny Frost, an associate of The Joker’s
- Raymond Olubawale (Resident Evil series) as Nanaue aka King Shark, a supervillain who is forced to work with the Squad
- with Viola Davis (TV’s How to Get Away with Murder, Prisoners, The Help) as Amanda Waller, a former government agent who is placed in charge of the Suicide Squad. She is highly trained in logistics, as well as strategic management and military tactics. Waller is also a highly-skilled espionage operative.
- and Jared Leto (Dallas Buyers Club, Fight Club, Requiem for a Dream) as The Joker, a psychotic criminal mastermind with a flare for killing.
Actors Scott Eastwood (The Longest Ride), Common (Selma), David Harbour (A Walk Among the Tombstones), Alex Meraz (The Twilight Saga) and Ike Barinholtz (Neighbors) all have undisclosed roles in the film.
David Ayer (Fury, Sabotage, End of Watch) directs the film with a script also by Ayer
Suicide Squad will open in 2D, 3D and IMAX theaters on August 5th, 2016
Sources: Google, YouTube, Warner Bros. Pictures