We have seen Daredevil. We have seen Jessica Jones. Now it is time for the Power Man himself, Luke Cage. I am very im pressed with what I have just seen. Sweet Christmas! From Marvel Television and executive producer Cheo Hodari Coker comes the story of one bad unbreakable man… Marvel’s Luke Cage
“After a sabotaged experiment gives him extraordinary superhuman strength and unbreakable skin, a fugitive named Luke Cage must attempt to rebuild his life. While making home in Harlem, New York, he will have to confront his past and fight for the heart of his city.”
The series stars:
- Mike Colter (Netflix’s Jessica Jones, TV’s Halo: Nightfall, upcoming Netflix’s The Defenders) as Luke Cage, a former convict who has superhuman strength and unbreakable skin
- Simone Missick as Det. Misty Knight, a determined Harlem police detective
- Mahershala Ali (Free State of Jones, The Hunger Games series, upcoming Hidden Figures) as Cornell “Cottonmouth” Stokes, a Harlem nightclub owner and criminal
- Frank Whaley (Pulp Fiction, The Doors, upcoming Monster Trucks) as Det. Rafael Scarfe, Knight’s hard-nosed partner
- Theo Rossi (Cloverfield, TV’s Sons of Anarcy, upcoming When the Bough Breaks) as Shades, a relentless and manipulative criminal
- Sônia Braga (Empire, Angel Eyes, Kiss of the Spider Woman) as Soledad Temple, Claire’s mother
- with Rosario Dawson (Netflix’s Daredevil, Sin City series, upcoming The Lego Batman Movie) as Claire Temple
- and Alfre Woodard (Annabelle, 12 Years a Slave, Radio) as Mariah Dillard, Stokes’ cousin and a local politician
Cheo Hodari Coker (TV’s Ray Donovan, Notorious, TV’s Southland) created the series and Paul McGuigan (Victor Frankenstein, BBC’s Sherlock, Push) directed the first two episodes.
The series is based on the Marvel comic of the same name by Archie Goodwin and John Romita Sr.
Luke Cage will premiere on Netflix on Friday, September 30th, 2016 @ 12:01 AM
Sources: Google, YouTube